Start Date: 2/22/2023 4:00 PM PST
End Date: 3/31/2023 5:00 PM PDT
San Diego, CA United States
Next Generation Engagement and Leadership in Philanthropy
One of FADICA’s critical priorities is the engagement of the next generation of Catholic leaders in the work of effective philanthropy that supports a vital Church and human flourishing. During the meeting, we will explore best practices, critical questions, and opportunities for growth. In addition to exploring next generation engagement, we will focus on current FADICA initiatives (such as homelessness), and key member priorities, including Catholic education, mission driven investing, and Laudato Si.
Please note there is a daily rate available to Next Gen members under the age of 40 who only plan to attend 1-2 days. Please contact Lauren Traskey, firstname.lastname@example.org, if you would like to receive this discount.
Program highlights include:
- Hear from fellow members and others about approaches and best practices in Intergenerational Catholic Philanthropy.
- Attend affinity group sessions exploring Catholic education and Laudato Si.
- Listen to an engaging Fireside Chat on youth and religion with Chris Coble, Lilly Endowment and Christina Lamas, NFCYM.
- Engage with other members in a discernment process to understand what we have learned in the listen/learn phase of the Homelessness Impact Platform and consider what FADICA’s unique contribution and appropriate action may be. (facilitated by Heather Reynolds, University of Notre Dame’s Lab for Economic Opportunity).
- Explore findings about young people’s faith and values from Springtide Research Institute.
- Engage in small group sessions to explore key mechanics that can be incorporated into the philanthropic activities of families.
- Meet inspiring, dynamic leaders of Catholic initiatives engaging the next generation at Demo Day.
REGISTER & RESERVE YOUR HOTEL ROOM by January 29th!
Plese book your hotel reservations online at: https://www.loewshotels.com/coronado-bay-resort/group-2023-annual-symposium
Your can also can contact the Reservations Department directly to make or change your reservation: (800) 235-6397.
The 2023 meeting will begin at 4 pm on Wednesday, February 22 (Ash Wednesday) and conclude at 4 pm on Friday, February 24.
Registration is inclusive of symposium related costs. Meals, program-related transportation, and attendance at the symposium are all included in the cost of your registration. Hotel and non-program related transportation expenses (air travel) are excluded from the registration fee. If your plans change and you need to cancel your registration, please do so at least 21 days prior to the start of the meeting. You will receive a full refund minus a $150 cancellation fee. Regrettably, cancellations received less than 21 days prior to commencement of the symposium are not eligible for a refund because FADICA must pay our venues and vendors regardless of your attendance. To cancel a registration please contact: Lauren Traskey (email@example.com)